Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Seven Deadly Sins :: by Martha Dawig ::



Comments by ~blackeri

"Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body."

The theme:

As you can see, from my Lust sketch I have only kept the pose, but totally changed the face.
I think that this one fits the topic better.
I see Lust as being concentrated on yourself, being "drowned in your own world" kind of way, rather than seducting and being "flirty"(and this look was used in the sketch)
Ok, nevermind :P

About the symbolism:
The color - I am aware of the fact, that according to some sources Lust is connected with blue. To me though, blue just doesn't do it - It's too "cold", and therefore I picked(surprise) red - connection with the color of flame, warmth. No I am not connecting lust with love :P

The frame - uses the flame pattern... my thought-connections were: flame -> burning desire -> lust

The waterfall - something rapid, unpredictable, not controlable :]

No comments:

Post a Comment