Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Seven Deadly Sins :: by Marta Dawig ::


Comments by ~blackeri

The theme:

Second of the Seven Deadly Sins serie.

"Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or
situation"


Personally I think envy means much more than just a wish to have something
someone else has. To me, it means also ACTING AGAINST that person,
"revenging" in a way, trying to take the "object of our desire" away from
them, or backstabbing them in some way etc.
That is why myself I consider envy the "heaviest" sin of all seven.

symbolism:
- snake - as I mentioned, envy, to me, is connected with cunning and doing
something behind one's back :)

- poison ivy leaf in the frame (and the column)- maybe just a word play, but
I always connected ivy with destruction of some sort... Growing using a
different object as a "support"... Something like that ;]

- color green - i guess it needs no comment :P

No comments:

Post a Comment